Friday, June 10, 2011

So what the fuck is wrong with you anyway?

Well besides my inability to come up with witty blog entry titles and my complete lack of this weird thing my father always refers to as "tact" (wtf is that anyway?) I'll have a confession to make! I have a very "serious" genetic disorder!!! 



I have a BLACK thumb!!! (I also cut my thumb grating cheese earlier... Did I list clumsy in my earlier list?) yes this is a GENETIC issue!!! My mother could look at a fucking plant and the next day it would be dead! My grandmother never had too much either (although not as severe)... Strangely my father has the ability to keep plants alive that most normal people would kill (African Violets and poinsettias are the ones I remember the most)... I did NOT receive these skillz! 

I so desperately want to be one of those people with a vegetable garden in their backyard! I dream of home grown tomatoes and sweet peppers! I ENJOY gardening! I've tried and the shit ALWAYS dies... Every. Fucking.time. So at this point I've given up, I've excepted my problem, I've grieved, and I've "let it go" (although I'll probably try again someday :-/). I buy my fruits and vegetables for the most part at the Farmer's Market. Where I used to live there was a place that every Sunday people would sell their vegetables/fruits from their non-dead backyard garden... I liked going there and buying from them (those who can, do. Those who fucking kill shit pay the ones who can). 

So what the fuck I'm I rambling on about this for? Well... If there is one part of gardening that I excell/ed at it's composing!!!! Yes I <3 composting! I have a little pile in my backyard, we had a compost bucket at the condo we lived in before. And to this day I save all my kitchen scrapes, newspapers, yard clippings, weeds, etc and I water it and flip it and all that jazz... Well what do I do with all the loveliness? Mother fucking nothing!!! I'm holding on to just a little bit of a dream of being a gardener... I'm a composter! Also I'm breaking down items that don't need to take up space in a land fill ;) so in the long run the world thanks me for my pile of crap!!! 

1 comment:

  1. Your blogs are greatness. I was laughing so hard as I forced my husband to listen to this as I read it out loud (he is an environmental science teacher). Keep it real. LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete